Why do transfers sometimes 'hang'?
- When money is sent to an account that isn't upgraded, that account will not be able to receive the money if the amount is above the transfer limit or balance limit on the account. We call this a pending transfer.
- A transfer can also 'hang' if you haven't confirmed your BVN (Bank Verification Number) on your Kuda account and we can't confirm that the sender's account has a BVN.
What should you do to receive a pending transfer?
- To receive a pending transfer, please confirm your BVN on Kuda and we'll upgrade your account.
- If the transfer you're expecting is more than 50,000 naira, you'll need to confirm your BVN and add a valid ID (your driver's licence, international passport, voter's card, national ID card or NIN slip).
- Once you've added your BVN and your ID (if needed), you'll receive the transfer automatically.
- If you don't have a BVN or a valid ID, please send us a message on the app or to email@example.com and we'll complete your transfer after running a check to confirm where the money is coming from.
- Please, learn how to upgrade your account here and see our account levels, rules and limits here.