1. When is the Kuda Visa Card coming?
Card requests open on Friday, October 15, 2021 and we'll start delivering cards a week from that date.
Delivery will be made in batches, with the first batch of cards going to everyone who has been using their Kuda Naira MasterCard frequently.
2. Who is eligible for a Kuda Visa Card?
Anyone who has upgraded their Kuda account by confirming their BVN (Bank Verification Number) and adding a valid ID card to their Kuda profile can request a Kuda Naira MasterCard.
You can get help with your account upgrade here.
3. I requested a card last year but I didn’t get one. Can I get a Kuda Visa Card?
Yes, you can.
We’ve already put you on the priority list and you’ll get your Kuda Visa Card after those who currently have Kuda Naira MasterCards get theirs.
4. I have a Kuda Naira MasterCard? What will happen to it?
Your Kuda Naira MasterCard will keep working. As soon as you activate your Kuda Visa Card on the app, we’ll deactivate your Kuda Naira MasterCard.
5. Is the Kuda Visa Card free?
Yes, the card is free but you’ll need to have at least 1,000 naira in your Kuda account to request one.
The 1,000 naira is a minimum balance for the card request, not a fee. We will not remove this money from your account.
6. How will I get my Kuda Visa Card?
We will deliver your Kuda Visa Card to your address free of charge.
7. Will I have to pay a card maintenance fee?
No, we won’t charge you a card maintenance fee for your Kuda Visa Card.
8. Can I withdraw cash free of charge with this card?
Yes, you can withdraw cash free of charge three times a month on all ATMs across Nigeria.
Note: You'll be charged a withdrawal fee after your third free withdrawal of the month.
9. Where can I use this card?
You can use your Kuda Visa Card at ATMs, on POS terminals, online and everywhere else Visa Cards are accepted.
Important: This is a naira-denominated card. For now, you will not be able to use it on foreign websites but we're already working on making that possible.
10. Do I need to change my default PIN at an ATM?
No, you don't. You can use your card as soon as we deliver it to you.