**We’re upgrading Kuda to Nerve, our new core banking app, from 11:00 pm on Saturday, August 29 to 9:00 am on Sunday, August 30. You will not be able to use your Kuda account at all during those hours.**
What is Nerve?
- Nerve is our new core banking app built exclusively for Kuda by Kuda. The name comes from ‘nerve centre’, which means “the control centre of an organisation or operation.”
- Among other things, a core banking app manages account information, routes money transfers and connects us with our banking partners.
- We previously used an established third-party core banking app which was already connected to all Nigerian banks and this helped us release Kuda to the public quickly. But Kuda has grown significantly since August 2019, so we had to build our own core banking app to meet our current and future needs.
How will Nerve improve Kuda’s services for you?
- Your transactions will be faster because no third-party platform will be involved in retrieving your account information.
- Failed transactions will now show up in your transaction history.
- Card requests and production will be handled faster.
How long will it take us to upgrade to Nerve?
- The actual upgrade to Nerve will be instant but there will be a 10-hour downtime (from 11:00 pm on Saturday, August 29 to 9:00 am on Sunday, August 30) during the upgrade to keep everyone’s data secure.
- We have been running extensive tests in preparation for this change and we will send you a schedule well ahead of time.
**We’re upgrading Kuda from 11:00 pm this Saturday, August 29 to 9:00 am on Sunday, August 30. You will not be able to use your Kuda account at all during those hours.**
How will the upgrade to Nerve affect you?
- You will not be able to use your Kuda account at all during the upgrade downtime — from 11:00 pm this Saturday, August 29 to 9:00 am on Sunday, August 30.
- Your existing Kuda Card, if you have one, will be deactivated permanently.
We will send you a Kuda Naira MasterCard free of charge as quickly as possible but you will have to use Cardless Withdrawal, Web Payment and your free transfers as alternatives until your new card gets to you.
We’re doing our best to make sure this upgrade is painless for everyone and we apologise for any inconvenience it may cause you. Please, bear with us as we step up to much better services.
If you have any questions about the upgrade now, please tap the purple circle in the lower right corner of this page and chat with us, text us on the app or send a message to email@example.com and we’ll be in touch. 💜